Welcome to New Life Fellowship
At New Life Fellowship, we believe church should be ALIVE! You will find a warm atmosphere that is casual and friendly. Whether you are with a group, have kids, or are visiting on your own, our hosts are available to answer any questions you may have and give direction when you need it.
You Belong Here
If you are doing life as an imperfect person, New Life could be a great fit for you. Lets be real. Life is messy and pretending that it is not doen’t make things better. At New Life, together, we are learning that when we trust Jesus and take Him at His word He transforms us. The message of the Bible to all of us is simple- truth, hope, and life. As Christ transforms us, hope and wholeness become possible. He truly does embrace us just as we are. God is not afraid of our brokenness, our issues, or any of our other excuses. The “Good News” about Jesus is that no matter what your nationality, culture, or of walk of life God is for you and not against you. You belong here because you are unwilling to settle for surviving in life when you could be transforming to thrive for the best good possible.
What Do We Look Like?
New Life is a family, first and foremost – a family made up people from all walks of life. We desire to be as diverse as the cities Jesus has given us to reach. We are a Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, Bible-believing, community of grace located on the west side of Bloomington, Illinois.
What To Expect
Each Sunday’s worship experience is charged with excitement and anticipation. We encourage our church family to come seeking the tangible presence of God - ready to give themselves whole-heartedly to His purposes.
- What should I wear?
- We want you to come as you feel most comfortable. People wear everything from jeans and a t-shirt to suit and tie. The important thing for us is that you feel comfortable and genuine.
- Where should I park?
- There is upfront parking reserved for our guests, but you are welcome to park in any of our other available spaces. There is also a number of handicap parking spaces available near the front and lower entries of our facility.
- How do I find my way around?
- Members of our Hospitality Team are located in the church facility to make sure your questions are answered. When you enter the building, a greeter will welcome you at the door. If you need assistance locating our nursery, children’s classes, adult Life Groups, or other areas of the facility, the greeters are there to serve you.
- What are the Worship Experiences like?
When attending a Sunday Worship Experience at New Life, you can expect to be warmly greeted upon arrival by friendly, helpful people. At New Life there are services for the whole family that include lively and expressive contemporary worship, a time of Biblical teaching, and an opportunity to make a decision to follow Jesus Christ. Both during worship and at the conclusion of the worship experience, there will be an opportunity for you to receive prayer or visit with any of our staff.
The Worship Experience is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours in length and is designed to equip and inspire you to connect to God, to others, and to your calling.
You can expect to be greeted multiple times during your time with us. As our guest, you are welcome to participate in every part of the Worship Experience, but please do not feel any obligation to participate in the offerings that are received. If you are a guest with us, we want you to enjoy the Worship Experience as our gift to you.
- What can I expect to see?
- As a Spirit-filled, Spirit-led church, we are always open to allowing the Holy Spirit orchestrate the service, even when it leads in a different direction than was originally planned. You may experience people clapping, raising their hands or kneeling in worship. You may hear people expressing their agreement with the message by saying “amen”, etc. You may also experience the gifts of the Spirit being expressed, but a Biblical explanation will normally follow. If you have questions, please feel free to approach one of our staff at the end of the service and they will gladly answer your questions. New Life is affiliated with the Assemblies of God.
- What is the preaching like?
- Expect to have a Biblically based message passionately communicated by our campus’ Lead Pastor or one of our pastoral staff that will inspire, encourage and challenge you in your spiritual journey with Christ.
We pray your time with us is meaningful, and that you feel welcomed and refreshed.